What is Tirzepatide?
Tirzepatide is an FDA-approved class of medications that is a combination of two drugs: a peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist and a glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) receptor agonist. It is administered once a week via subcutaneous injection to aid in weight loss.
How does Tirzepatide work?
Tirzepatide for weight loss slows the emptying of the stomach by binding to the receptors that are located in the lining of the stomach. The slower emptying of the stomach sends a signal of fullness to the brain. This helps reduce your food intake and decreases your appetite, two things that are necessary for weight loss because you feel full and are less likely to want to eat.
Our compounded tirzepatide is especially effective when it is combined with a healthy diet and increased activity.
- Stimulates two satiety hormone receptors instead of just one, curbing the appetite
- Can reduce glycemic levels and improve insulin sensitivity
- Works at the level of the brain for an anti-obesity effect
- Specifically compounded for less potential nausea associated with GLP-1/GIP agonists.
- Slows down digestion
- Lowers blood sugar
- Reduces the risk of heart disease